Friday, October 28, 2011

Three Oh

Well, I'm officially in my 30s now. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I remember turning 10 was so exciting because I would finally be in the double digits. What I didn't realize then was that I would be in the double digits for the rest of my life, so it wasn't really that exciting. Turning 20 was the most exciting because I was finally going to be an adult and not a teenager anymore. This was important because I was dating Shafer at the time and I didn't want him to think I was too young. Again, I didn't realize that I would be an adult for the rest of my life; not very exciting. I wish I would have enjoyed being a kid and being a teenager a bit more rather than always wishing I was at the next phase. I guess that's something I can try to do for the next 10 years; just enjoy the phase that I'm in now, because really, I do love it. I'm so grateful to be married to my best friend, to have the sweetest 4 boys on the planet, to live in a comfortable home, to have the gospel in my life. I'm really happy with where I am now, it's exactly where I hoped I would be at this age, so I'm truly grateful for that!
Anyway, on a less philosophical note...My birthday was on a Saturday so of course we had to celebrate on Friday as well. We waited too long to get a babysitter, so we ended up doing a family outing instead, which was great! We went to a new (to us) pumpkin patch. There was quite a collection of tractors lined up and the boys loved climbing all over them.






They also had a free corn maze for the kids. We all went through it twice, but that wasn't enough for the boys, they went through it several times by themselves. It was a lot of fun.

Even Baby S had a good time!

I love old trucks. What is it about them that is so picturesque? You put an old truck in a picture and it's suddenly art.

This shot cracked me up. Monkey just decided to give Big Boy a big cheesy hug. I love it!

You've gotta put the baby in with the pumpkins, right? Adorable!!

We got home and watched Thor from redbox and Shafer went and got us some hamburgers. The Astro burger in Riverton has gluten free buns and fries. I'm not gonna lie, it was heaven to eat a normal burger and fries with fry sauce. It had been almost 2 years since I'd had anything like that and I totally made myself sick. I just couldn't waste any of it, so I forced it down. Maybe next time I won't feel like I have to gorge since I know it's readily available!!

On my actual birthday my family came our way for the day. The guys stayed at our house to watch the BYU game while my Mom, sister and I went to see The Help, which was great. Then we got some take out Mexican food. Apparently I didn't take any pictures of any of this, but it was fun! Shafer got me a fabulous gluten free cake, just thinking about that butter cream frosting is making my mouth water, yum!

It was a lovely birthday and I'm excited to start a new decade in my life with my favorite people!

4 comments:

LAINA said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you are sailing smoothly into your 30's. You have such a cute family.

MadebyMeedy said...

Makes me want to sing that Tim McGraw song, My next 30 years! Anyway, I cracked up at the Friday night festivities...I even read it to Mike...Too late to find a babysitter, family outing, redbox and hamburgers is the story of our life! Love it!

See Mack Snow said...

Glad you had a good birthday, Linds! And your boys are looking SUPER cute.

Abby said...

30's... I was DEVISTATED. But you are a young buck still. And four kids!