Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Love Day!

We had a Star Wars themed Valentine's Day this year. My boys have been so into the movies, the Star Wars LEGO's, the light sabers, etc. So, how could I not make some special Star Wars Valentine's for them? I got some cute ideas from Pinterest for a few of them including my favorite: 'I want to be the droid you're looking for.' Bahahaha! (If you don't know the reference, you need to watch episode IV again!!!)

I finally caved and bought our own copy of the original trilogy to put out with all the Valentine's. All three movies have been watched since and one is currently being watched as I type. I think it was a good investment!! My favorite quote of the day was when Shafer walked in from work and Cheeks excitedly ran up to him to say, 'Mom's making spaghetti and meatballs and there's a table cloth on the table and I don't know why!' I guess I should make special dinners more often so they don't think I only put the table cloth out when we have company over!!
I'm discovering that boys are easily pleased with holiday celebrations. I get all these great ideas to make things special and end up just wearing myself out. I had to cut out a few things I was planning on doing because I ran out of time and I was just too tired. Of course the boys didn't even notice and they were pleased as punch with what I did have. I'm making a mental note to remember not to stress about things next year, or with any holiday for that matter. As long as the boys had candy and sugar cookies they were happy. Maybe if I ever have a girl someday I can do cutesy things with her that only girls appreciate!!

3 comments:

maugers said...

My kids love the holiday celebrations too! so much so that we celebrate Mardi Gras with Cajun food, and Chinese new year with Chinese food too ;)

Abby said...

Fun dinner. I also loved the clever brother of Jared FHE. I can picture your boys going bonkers for it. And I just bet those pillows make the front room look so cheery. Tell me you didn't aplique the bird!

Lindsey said...

Cute Valentines! I can pictures your boys lovin' that Star Wars! And I felt the EXACT same way crawling into bed that night- exhausted and wondering if I needed to do so much! But I love it all!