Thursday, April 26, 2012

Big Boy's 7th Birthday!

For his birthday party this year Big Boy had to have a Star Wars party.  It's funny that my boys are so into movies that I loved when I was little.  I guess it helps that half the toy aisle at the store is filled with Star Wars merchandise!  We made up a little obstacle course in the basement.  After it snowed on his party day last year I knew I just needed to plan on an indoor party.  And, wouldn't you know it snowed again this year! 

For refreshments we had Yoda Soda, Solo Rolos, Chewy Brownies, Wookie Cookies, and Vader Taters.  They were a hit, one of the kids told me it was the best food he's ever eaten!  Ha!  Since we did the party the day before his birthday I decided not to do cake, and that was actually kind of nice! 

We cut some pool noodles in half and put duct tape and electrical tape on the ends to make a light saber for each of the kids.  They were the hit of the party.  I don't know if there was a minute the whole time when someone wasn't battling with them.  Shafer and I even got in on the action.  Imagine being pursued by 12 kids armed with pool noodles, they were loving beating up on some grown ups!!

One of the stations was a laser fields where they had to get through without breaking the laser.  There was also a shooting station where there were cups set up and they shot them down with nerf guns.

In this station they had to hit the balloons through the hoops with their light sabers. 

Enjoying some treats. 

Puppy was loving on this can of soda.  Too bad it wasn't open, he may have loved it even more! 

It was a fun party even though I think it may have been a half hour too long.  Luckily we had Return of the Jedi playing and the kids were happy to watch the ending and dance with the Ewoks!  It was also a life saver to have Shafer there with me to help.  I still don't know how I did it last year by myself at 9 months pregnant!!  These friend parties sure wear me out, it's a good thing birthdays only come around once a year! 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks like a great party! Good Job Linds and Shafer! Can it really be SEVEN years ago that our big boys were born??

Rachel said...

So fun! You are awesome! Looks like such a great party.