Our next off-track outing was to go to the zoo. Well, the zoo was more crowded than I've ever seen it in my life that day, so we headed across the street to This is the Place park. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. We started off with a super long train ride. The driver stopped to give a tour of a historic house half-way through, which was not great for the kids who were bouncing off the walls at that point. I waited outside with my 2 youngest.
Em, this picture is for you! :) You can see we were in the train a bit too long!
We enjoyed looking at animals and playing in a little play village with a train. I didn't get any pictures of the best part of the trip; the baby animals! They had chicks, ducks, and bunnies that you could pet and hold, it was awesome!! That was our consolation for missing the zoo!
We hiked up a huge hill to see this pirate ship. The ship ended up being closed and we found out that there was a nice, level trail to get up there that we'd missed. Oh, well, the kids enjoyed a snack and a pirate photo shoot!
My Mom with the kiddos.
Puppy was enjoying the model train in the gift shop. I'm sensing a train theme here...
This picture is real blurry, but I had to show how into the trains my boys were. Cheeks and Monkey had there faces totally smashed up to the glass. Bahaha!
I've decided that I love making kids say funny things while posing for a picture. They'll say anything you tell them to, it's awesome! I think in this one I had them yelling 'This is the place!!!!' at the top of their lungs! Nice!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment