Friday, August 3, 2012

Baby Shower

Emily and I got to be in charge of a baby shower for our cute sister-in-law Kara.  She and Todd are expecting a baby girl in October!!
 I love an excuse to throw a party and clean my house :)
 The sign in the front yard read 'for Todd & Kara it's Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice!'
 Again, I used Pinterest to help me come up with some cute ideas like the onesie banner, and using a children's book to have guests leave a message or some advice for the new parents.
 Here's the food table.
We had fruit pizza cookies, cucumber humus bites, brownie towers with fruit and pink marshmallows, and for me the hit of the party was the caprese salad with avocado, it's my new favorite food on the planet!!
 Here's Kara opening some gifts.  She's got to be one of the cutest pregnant ladies ever!!
 Shafer had the kids out to dinner, but they showed up near the end and Puppy wanted those presents!
 Kara's getting some practice holding her new little niece!  Her two sisters and Mom came and the only picture I got of them their eyes were closed :(  They're such a great family!!
 Aunt Julie and Angie, we were so glad they made it!!
Aunt Ann, and the Callan girls.  Aunt Sandy had just returned from Paraguay after spending 3 years being the mission mom there.
It was a lovely evening spent chatting and eating; my favorite kind of party!!  Congratulations Todd & Kara, we can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sad I missed it! It looks like it was really fun and I love the decorations!

Lindsey said...

Sooooo DARLING, LT! Love all of the cute details!