Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School

I realize I'm posting this on the week that everyone else in Utah is headed back to school, but in reality we've been in school for a month already, darn that year round school!! 
Big Boy started school the day after Pioneer Day, which in my opinion was a really bad choice by the school board.  It was so hard to have to wake him up after a really late night and a holiday!!  But, we perservered and he made it to his first day of 2nd Grade!!  Maybe he'll have some teeth by the end of the year!!  (He actually just lost another one this morning!)

Cheeks didn't start school until the following week because of Kindergarten testing the week before.  He was excited to be going to the big school.  He's got a great teacher and a few friends in the class, it should be a great year!! 

Two weeks later Monkey started his first day of Preschool!  He's so happy to be able to go to school like his big brothers, he even wants to sit down and do homework with them.  I was fighting back tears watching him walk up the path to his classroom.  What a big boy he's suddenly become!! 
It's going to be an interesting year.  I tried to get Cheeks and Monkey both in afternoon classes so I could have a few hours a week with only one kid at home.  But, for some reason the elementary school didn't honor my request and now we've got Cheeks in morning Kindergarten and Monkey in afternoon preschool.  Yikes!  I've now got two days a week spent dropping off and picking up kids all day!  I guess I can do anything for a year, right?! 

0 comments: