At lunch time Shafer met us at a park in town for a picnic and to let the boys play. Unfortunately the day was not as warm as we’d anticipated, so we didn’t even finish our lunch before we were ready to go home and eat. Shafer had picked up some balloons on his way, so those were a big hit for the rest of the week.
Big Boy got to open another present at lunch, so that pacified him for about 5 minutes before he was begging to open them all. Eventually I had to hide the rest of the presents because it was just too tempting for him. He didn’t seem to like the argument that Daddy would be sad if he opened the presents without him there. Big Boy kept saying, ‘let’s make Daddy sad.’
After a dinner filled with Big Boy’s continued plea to open presents we let him open the remainder of the presents, which he did in about 5 seconds. It must be an inborn trait for kids to think clothes don’t count as presents because he just tossed those aside once they were opened. (I however, was grateful for the clothes that were given to him!) He was a spoiled little boy in the car department though. He got several little matchbox cars and 6 of the character cars from Cars. He was in heaven!
We finished off the evening with a few rounds of Happy Birthday and cake. It was such a fun day and it was fun to spend it with our little family! Thanks to all the grandparents and family who called and for the presents that were sent; he was a happy little 3-year old!
4 comments:
You have such a beautiful family! Love the blog. I'm excited to be able to keep tabs on your family a bit better. Thank you for sharing!
cute blog. I"m excited to see more! Happy B-day Harrison. Becca loved looking at the pic of his cake and was amazed that another kid had a birthday on the same day as her.
rachel ferre
Yay for blogs! I love the slideshow...I think I am going to have to copy that idea! Good job on the cake. Carson also loves Cars. He won't sit through the movie (or any other movie for that matter), but he's in love with them anyways. He has a book, and a "yightning queen" (Lightening Mcqueen) shirt that he loves to wear.
I can't believe Harrison is already three!
Post a Comment