This has been a fun, busy, and sometimes exhausting weekend. I’ll start with the fun part. My little brother, Todd, and his wife, Kara, drove out to Columbus, OH where they’re spending the summer working. It was only fitting that Columbus, NE is the halfway point, so they spent the night here Saturday. They arrived here tired after a long drive only to be whisked away to a work party at Shafer’s boss’s home. I felt bad being double booked, but his boss had planned the dinner as a goodbye party for us since we’re moving. So, we couldn’t miss that, and Todd and Kara were coming. They were good sports and we had a nice time. We told them they got to experience the real Nebraska people. I know Shafer will be sad to leave his coworkers here; they’ve been really good to him.
After dinner we got to chat and watch a movie with Todd and Kara. It was so fun to hang out with them; we haven’t had the chance to do that much since they got married. It’s hard when you only visit a few times a year! Luckily they’ll only be gone for the summer so we can spend time with them the rest of our year in Sandy!
Our poor travelers were awoken at 6:30 by a very sad Big Boy, so not quite the nice hotel experience they could have had, but hopefully the company was better here! They headed on their way soon after. I’m so glad they could come and I wish them the best of luck this summer! Go Todd, sell security systems!!!
Sunday brought a little unexpected stress my way. I started out the morning by realizing that the roast I’d bought for dinner never made it into our car from the grocery store, so I had to think of something else to make for dinner. Then, at church I quickly noticed that the new teacher replacing me in the youth Sunday school class was not there, even though he was supposed to teach the lesson. I had been looking forward to attending the adult class and hadn’t read through the manual or brought it with me. I tried to sneak one from the library during sacrament meeting, but it was locked. So, I headed to class completely unprepared to teach, not a good feeling! Luckily the young men’s president sat with the class today and was able to help me move the lesson along with fewer awkward pauses! I’ve now learned the importance of calling ahead to make sure you’re covered! It turned out that the adult teacher didn’t show up either, so someone else had to wing it in there as well. You start to realize how much you’re needed when you attend a small branch!
Other than these exciting events I spent most of the weekend cleaning and trying to be patient with Big Boy. Since I’ll be officially moved as of next week I’m trying to get some cleaning done before we go. Shafer’s going to have to polish everything off after the movers leave, but I wanted to get most of the big stuff cleaned before.
As for Big Boy, I don’t know what has happened to my precious little boy! He’s been so moody the last week or so and it seemed to climax the last few days. Half the time he wants to do things by himself and the rest of the time he wants us to help him do things that he’s been doing by himself for a long time (feeding himself, picking up things, pulling up his pants, etc.). If we go against any of this we can expect an unholy outburst and tantrum. I didn’t realize how loud and high he could scream until now. It’s frustrating because there’s no reasoning with him and you just have to wait it out. I’m hoping that he’ll be back to his adorable self by the time we reach Utah, but only time will tell. As I’ve talked to excited grandparents this week I’ve felt like I should warn them that the Big Boy they’re expecting is not coming, but a new and more frustrating version will be accompanying us. Maybe I’m making a big deal out of nothing, but I feel like I’ve been walking on egg shells over here! So, I’ll be working with him over the next few days and hopefully you’ll get to see the Harrison we all know and love and this phase will pass!
Can’t wait to see all you Utah people in 10 days!!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
It was busy, it was fun, and now I'm tired!
Posted by Lindsey T at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey guys! I love these blogs. It's great to see all the pictures and everything! And now you're in columbus...great! You guys are a full family now :) Thank you for the pictures, our blog is www.maugerfamily.blogspot.com
Lindsey,
I found your blog on your facebook page.....how fun!! My daughter Eve is the same age as Harrison, and wow! She is in the same stage! It is driving me nuts. She is making me feed her and carry her everywhere! I thought is was because she just got over mono, but perhaps it is the age....*sigh* hopefully it is a brief stage! :)
Post a Comment