Monday, August 16, 2010

Bingham Canyon Mine

The Bingham Canyon Mine was offering free admission for about a week the end of July so we decided to take advantage.

Unfortunately the night we decided to go they decided to change their closing time. On all the information we saw including the website and a flyer we got in the mail it said you had to be there by 7:15 or you'd be too late to go up. When we arrived at the gate at 7:03 we watched them let a huge tour bus through, then walk over to us and tell us the time had changed to 7.
I was fuming of course. If they could let a huge tour bus through late, why not 5 more people?
Anyhoo, I put my pride aside and we came back another night. I'm glad we did because the boys really enjoyed it.
There's a really great visitors center with displays that any boy would drool over:
We also watched a video about how the copper is mined and it was very interesting.
It was a fun and free evening, what a good combination!

0 comments: