For my birthday a few weeks ago I took the kids to the zoo with my sister and her kids and my dad. I know, you're asking yourself, 'for your birthday you went to the zoo?' Yes. Shafer had a crazy day at work so he couldn't take it off and I wanted something to keep myself and the kids busy for the day. Plus, my sister has a membership there so we all got in for free! So we splurged and went on the train ride:
It was a really nice day weather-wise too. 
The kiddos shortly after getting sprayed by the elephant:
Amazed by the peacocks:
Little monkey discovering the pockets in his shorts (he chose his outfit by the way):
Thanks again Em for getting us into the zoo and for the AMAZING GF treats you gave me!
After the zoo I met Shafer and we took the kids to his sister's house so we could go on a date. We went out to dinner at Outback. They have a great GF menu, plus they even have a flour-less brownie!! We were soooo full after.
Then we went to the dollar theater to see Despicable Me, which was really cute. There never seem to be any good movies out around my birthday, they all come out over Thanksgiving I guess. The movie got out late and we called Sadie and she offered to keep the boys overnight; score!!!
So, I had a really wonderful birthday thanks to all the wonderful people in my life. Thank you!!!
4 comments:
Love you Linds! Glad you had a super birthday! When are we planning a get together? Hope to talk with you soon!
Happy Birthday! Who doesn't love a trip to the zoo? I would pick to go there on my birthday! :) Your boys are so cute! I just don't know how you handle 3 though... I am having a hard time with just 1! They are so different than girls. :o (I need your secrets)
I went to the zoo on my birthday a couple years ago! Nothing wrong with that! I'm glad you had such a great day.
You were kid free on your birthday! That makes up for the poor movie choices. Happy Birthday. We really missed ya at the Geerts.
Post a Comment