Monday, January 23, 2012

The Boys' Room

We've made it a sort of tradition to paint a room over the Christmas break. This year it was the boys' room. Shafer had absolutely no motivation to do anything to their room because they have a tendency to destroy everything. I however, wanted to at least have a nice backdrop for the destruction. That way anyone who comes to our house will know that we at least tried to make their room cute.
We painted it grey so the dirt would blend in. :) We got them cute bedspreads from IKEA to brighten it up a bit.

I made these little alphabet pictures for the boys a long time ago, they were just waiting for a painted wall to be hung on. Then I made a little clip board for them to hang their latest artwork on. It's already full to the brim. Maybe I should have made two!



I got these spice rack shelves from IKEA and painted them orange to match. They each have their own shelf to put their books, coloring books and notebooks on.





For Christmas they each got a toolbox to keep on their bed to put their treasures in that they don't want their brothers messing with. For the most part it's worked out and there hasn't been too much snooping. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I can check that room off my list of rooms to paint. The boys love it and that's good enough for me!

4 comments:

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

Linds, come do Jae's new room! :) You're soooo crafty and clever. It looks darling! :)

Mindy said...

So cute! Love the gray!!

Abby said...

Love it! Who would have thought to use a spice rack for anything other than spices? I think when the room's cute like that the boys have more motivation to keep it together...at least for a few hours.

Lindsey said...

This turned out darling! Love it all!