Our sweet Jersey baby turned 5 last week, is that insane to anyone else? Probably not, but his birthday each year makes me realize how long it's been since we lived in New Jersey even thought it still seems so familiar.
I planned an impromptu party the Monday before his big day since Shafer didn't have work and I needed an extra set of hands. We took a few friends over to the bounce house to let them run wild. They had a great time:
Afterwards we brought them to our house for some brownies and ice cream, they were a little hyper:
On the actual day he got to open up a few presents and his wish was finally fulfilled of having a car on his cake:
The big gift this year was nerf guns, Big Boy and Monkey each got a little gun so they could battle. We started out with 9 darts and have since lost 3 and 2 have been destroyed by Baby S, but they have a great time anyway!
I'm now going to type something that I never thought I'd say on Cheeks' birthday; we went to the park after lunch. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we only needed a light jacket. I never would have thought going to the park was a possibility for a January birthday, but it was great, they got their wiggles out and had some fresh air!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment