Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Happy Easter 2014

On the evening of Puppy's birthday we headed to a park in Sandy with the Taylor clan.  Aunt Abby had a big box full of confetti eggs to hide.  The kids were thrilled to have an egg hunt and the adults were thrilled that the eggs weren't filled with candy!!  Here they are ready to go:

This is the newest posing sensation; the yell face:

Here we go again:

Once the eggs were all gathered in the real fun began: crushing them on other people's heads!

The next day was Easter.  We had another egg hunt for the boys in our backyard, with candy-filled eggs this time. 

With afternoon church we had to have everyone all dressed up and ready to go as soon as we were done.  They looked real handsome hunting their eggs!

I love when the cherry tree is full of blossoms!!

I made a fun cake for the occasion.  Who doesn't love Peeps?!

After church I tried to get a picture of my handsome boys in front of our blossoming trees.  This was the best one of the bunch.  Silly boys!

A neighbor saw us and stopped to take a family picture.  Yay!

And, this is what most of the other pictures looked like!
After this we headed over to the Whitmore's for a delicious Easter dinner and great company!
It was a really great Easter for our family.  The week leading up to it we'd been reading the scriptures that correspond to the Savior's last week.  We did a little devotional each night to read about what happened that day in the Savior's life and we hung a picture on the hallway wall for each day.  By the end of the week the wall was full.  I felt so grateful that we'd tried to focus on the true meaning of the holiday and I know my testimony was strengthened!  Thanks Abby for the idea, it's a new tradition!

0 comments: