When I first found out I was pregnant I figured my due date to be June 5. Then after going to the doctor they put me at June 7. Well, finally after going over my due date every time, I finally had a baby right one the date! We welcomed our 5th boy on June 5, 2014! He shares his birthday with my parent's wedding anniversary!
Baby O came into the world at 8 pounds, 19 inches, at 9:45 in the morning. He came a lot faster than we anticipated. My contractions started around 4 am. We waited to call my Mom until 6:30. As soon as I hung up the phone the contractions got much worse. At a quarter to 8 my Mom hadn't arrived yet, so we got a neighbor to sit with the kids while we left because I knew I couldn't take much more. When we got to the hospital they said it would be a half an hour before I could get an epidural. That half hour turned into over an hour. By the time I got the epidural it was time to push and it had not kicked in at all! I definitely would not have chosen to give birth Hollywood style screaming my head off, but in the end the result is the same; a beautiful baby placed in your arms who you already love beyond description.
This is the moment I always look forward to the most; when the boys get to meet the newest member of the family! Puppy seems a little disoriented. I think it's just him losing his place as the baby of the family.
My Mom is always such a help when we have a new baby. She took care of the kids for several days. They were in heaven! Grandma is the best!
My sweet little army of men!!
Cheeks is especially sweet with little O.
Daddy enjoying his first moments with our deceptively calm baby:
I got to sit and stare at this cute face all day. He was so calm at the hospital we thought we'd finally hit the jackpot and got our calm baby after Puppy was so sad. We were wrong. He changed his tune once we got home. Sigh. But, look at those lips!
Another with protective big brother Cheeks:
Cheeks was always nearby to watch and hold little O.
Grandma Mimi came to meet her newest great grandson.
He had quite a bit of hair.
He doesn't know it yet, but he has the best Dad in the world! They're going to have a lot of fun together!
Ready to go home!
A sweet shot of my two babies taken by uncle Will. Thanks for the pic!
And here's our family of 7, yikes!! I love all these boys of mine!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment