Getting used to a new baby is always hard. I think I forget how hard it is after each one. Then we have another and I remember that I'm not good at newborns! It's hard to be constantly needed and unable to do what you want when you want. But, the sweet moments when everyone's loving on the baby and when he's miraculously not crying, help you get through the tougher spots!
I mentioned before that he was deceptively calm at the hospital. Well, we came home and it didn't take more than a day or two to realize that we had another sad baby on our hands. This guy may have even been harder than Puppy was. There is only one position he would tolerate being held in and that is facing forward draped over your arm. We found out later that had reflux, so his little tummy and throat were always in pain. We got him on some medication eventually, but he mostly just had to grow out of it. It was a rough few months. He wouldn't take a binky, hated the baby swing, never fell asleep in the car. He just cried and cried!
I posted this rare picture of him being calm on Instagram. It was nice to see what his face looked like when it wasn't twisted in a scream! A lot of people commented that he looks a lot like Cheeks. I think so too!
My Mom took this picture of us giving him his first bath. He didn't like that either!
Puppy found his favorite new toy. He will not leave this poor baby alone! He's got to be close by to kiss and hug and even wrestle with him. Puppy's in heaven, but it's not O's favorite!
Dad took the boys to his works' night at the Bee's game. I'm glad that they got a chance to do some fun things this summer. It was not the funnest summer on Taylor record with a new (sad) baby around!
Some more Puppy love:
We took O out in public the first time to Big Boy's rain gutter regatta. They had a good time. We ended up in the hall bouncing a sad baby.
We have discovered that he's a pretty happy camper when he's outside.
Another Cheeks look a like picture:
Little O is the 30th grandchild in the Taylor family. Here he is meeting the first Taylor grandchild, Romney! We were joking that they're going to be the best of friends!!
Some more sad face and Puppy love:
And some more protective Cheeks:
It was a rough start, I won't lie. But, there is something about bringing a fresh, new little baby home that brings out the tenderness in my crazy boys. I love watching them be so sweet and soft with him. And, there's nothing I love more than kissing those little cheeks, even if he's screaming while I do it!
1 comments:
شركة تنظيف سيارات بالرياض
Post a Comment