Friday, May 22, 2009

Some random funny moments from our lives...

I've started jotting down funny things my boys say or do over the last months, but I haven't had the chance to blog about them with birthdays, trying to learn to cook GF, holidays, getting jobs, buying houses, etc. So, since Shafer is working this weekend and the boys are happily watching a library movie, I thought this would be my chance.


Big Boy

We went to Old Navy the other day and the boys hated it, of course. The next day we drove next to it on our way somewhere else and Big Boy shouts from the back seat, 'Are we going to Old Ladies again?' Bwahaha! Meanwhile Cheeks was calling it Old Grabee. :)

When Big boy gets mad he starts making threats about what he's not going to do. My favorite outburst went something like, 'I don't not want to play with nobody!' I swear we're not hillbillies!


Cheeks

When our boys are looking especially scruffy like they've just rolled out of bed and dressed themselves we'll call them our little ragamuffins. Almost without fail when we do this Cheeks will say, 'I'm not a dragon muffin!'

Big Boy went through a phase when he would say, 'You can say that again!' Cheeks wanted to join in so he said, 'You can say Daddy again!'

Two of my favorite things he used to say, but doesn't (very much) anymore are when he wanted his jacket zipped he said, 'can you zitto me?' Or when he need his diaper changed he'd say, 'I'm stanky!' Yes Cheeks, you are!

This picture is of Cheeks hiding during a game of hide and seek with Big Boy. Apparently he's still got some learnin' to do!

My favorite Cheeks moment was on his birthday (I think). Granny was here and Cheeks was snuggling with her while she was talking softly to him. He was totally entranced and seemed to be loving it when he suddenly said, 'I don't like you!' Needless to say, everyone busted up laughing after that!

Baby M

Obviously Baby M isn't saying anything to us other than some mamamas, nananas, and bababas to be expected. But, he's just getting to be such a big boy! You can tell he gets so frustrated when he can't do what the big boys are doing, but for heaven's sake, he's only 10 months! He's got the cutest little smile that you just can't help but melt when you see him! His teeth have been coming in, but his top two teeth haven't popped through yet. However, the top side two teeth have. I guess I have to take it back, maybe we are hillbillies! I'll have to start calling him Cletus! But, it's darling anyway!

Well, there's a little slice of life from my house to yours! Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!

8 comments:

Bishop Family said...

Hay Lindsey your boys are so cute. Dricks teeth came in the very same way. He looked pretty funny for a bit. I called him fang boy.

See Mack Snow said...

I can NOT believe he is only 10 months!!! I'm pretty sure all three of my nephews waited until they were about a year and a half to even start thinking about walking.

Scott and Krista said...

Hey Lindsey it's been soooo long... How are you? I found your blog through the vhs blog and Nat's from yours. You have such a cute family!

Sarah said...

Such cute boys!!

LAINA said...

Your boys are so cute. I haven't seen them in so long. Sometime this summer I am sure I will get to see them again.

Keri said...

Hey, I found this link today and thought of you. 70 gluten free blogs. That should keep you busy for a while. And it eases my own personal guilt over never have given you my smoky black bean and rice soup recipe, although I'll still try to get it to you sometime.

http://wheat-free-meat-free.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-thought-i-would-update-my-gluten-free.html

Meedy said...

I love the old ladies comment! What cute boys you have. I also love your FHE ideas! It was really funny because I did the "shhh it's time for prayer" one and Mike said to me, "What a good idea, Lindsey" I didn't even know that he checked blogs! It was hilarious.

Yellowstone! You will have so much fun. My boys did so well on our trip. We let them out of their car seats only when it was a short distance and we were going slow (like when the buffalo came close to the car)They are good travelers though. The other suggestion that I have is to only do as much as they can handle. We only went to the continental divide and back. that is not even half the loop. We were going to do the whole loop because Mike and I really wanted to see everything but we thought that our kids would not have fun so we turned around. I think that they would have been beasts if we would have tried to do the whole loop. It made it that much more fun because everyone was happy. I can't wait to read about it when you go!

Meedy said...

Oh and get out and explore often!