We had a really nice Memorial Day weekend, aside from the fact that Shafer was WORKING the whole weekend! I decided I didn't want to be alone on Saturday so I hauled the boys up to my sister's house to hang out. The cousins had a blast playing together and I got to cuddle with my new little nephew! Yay! My parents were there and my grandparents stopped by for a visit. My brother, Todd and his wife (and dog) even showed up to hang out with us.
Here's Miss H and Big Boy feeding Baby M his first popsicle. And yes, Baby is sitting on top of their table!
I had these high hopes of being able to explain what Memorial Day was to my boys in a way that they wouldn't treat the cemetery and headstones as a playground...I failed. I guess there's just not much you can say to a 4 or 2 year old to make them not want to climb on headstones and grab at flowers and flags. But, we did leave the cemetery with Big Boy asking all sorts of questions about death and why we don't need our bodies after we die, so that was great (sigh)!
Shafer did have Monday off of work, so that was good! We were able to meet up with his family at the Provo cemetery to put flowers on his Grandma's grave. Again, we had another children-running-amuck moment, but it was nice none the less!
Here's my Father-in-law, Ray, and his two sisters next to their parent's grave.
After the cemetery we headed over to Jon and Lindsey's for an early birthday celebration for Ray!
This is what Ray was doing while we sang to him and had the kids blow out the candles!
The kids ran wild in the backyard eating popsicles, the men watched the playoff game in the family room, and the girls sat and chatted the night away. It was a great Memorial Day!
1 comments:
Looks like an awesome weekend!
Post a Comment