We've been in the new house for almost a week! Yay! It's taken us that long to get internet again, so I'm just now posting about the move.
We had so much help on moving day, so thanks again to all those big strong men out there who helped, (and their wives who let us have them for a Saturday morning!) we couldn't have done it without you!
Everyone showed up around 9am to load up the condo and we were all unloaded into the house by noon! That seems pretty quick to me! We had everything all packed and ready the night before and most of the cleaning done as well. My wonderful Mom helped me finish up with all the cleaning the morning of while the guys did all the heavy lifting! Once it was clean and empty we left and I really didn't feel too sad about walking out the door for the last time. It was a great place and we had a great year there, but I think I was too excited about moving to a HOUSE to really feel sad.
We brought some pizza to all the helpers, then they left and we started unpacking. My parents were nice to stay and help with the boys so we could empty out the boxes!
Oh, yeah, we bought a new fridge for the house! That seemed like such a grown-up purchase, I mean I know we just bought a house, but a fridge seemed huge to me!
By that night we pretty much had everything out of boxes that we needed.
Big Boy and Cheeks finally crashed that afternoon and I mean they literally crashed where they were right in the middle of playing! (Cheeks picture got turned funny and I don't know how to turn it back, sorry!)
It really was a smooth move!
7 comments:
Congrats on the house! I'm glad things went so well for you. I'm impressed that you unpacked so much right away too.
Yea, congrats on being homeowners! How exciting!!
That is so exciting! I am glad that things went so well, it sounds like you were really prepared, that makes all the difference. I know what you are saying about the fridge purchase, it does seem so adult!! :)
How fun to be in a house! Congratulations to you guys. I love the sleeping kid pictures. LOVE the fridge!
I can't wait to come and see it sometime. I am glad that everything went so well.
How FUN!!! Your house looks SO cute!- Well, what i can see of it anyways. ;) Todd and I want to come see it. Sorry we couldn't help move you in. :( But hopefully your getting all settled in.
I'm so excited for you guys! Your kitchen looks awesome and the outside of your house is great!
Post a Comment