Sunday, May 17, 2009

We're homeowners!

I'm realizing that I never posted about our NEW (to us) HOUSE!! We actually closed on it this week. We won't be moving in for 2 more weeks, but it's ours!! Woohoo! The current owner can't be out until the 28th because her husband is in the military and is coming home from Iraq to help her move. But, she's paying us rent until then. It didn't seem so bad in the initial offers, but 2 weeks seems like FOREVER now! We're so anxious to move in!


Here are a few exterior pictures of the house for your viewing enjoyment:
This is the day we looked through it the first time. That's me and Misty, our realtor, trying to get into the keybox. (BTW Misty did a FANTASTIC job! If anyone's looking for a good realtor, let me know).
Here are a few pictures from our walk through a few days ago.Notice the ginormous front lawn that is so lush you just want to roll around on it! This is a shot of the backyard (the railing is the deck). The current owner is a major gardener and it looks so pretty back there now that everything is blooming. Unfortunately we'll be tearing most of it out to put a lawn in. But, we'll probably enjoy her work this summer first! I'll post some interior pictures after we move in. The current owner (I mean resident, we're the owners!) is also a cat lady and I don't want you all picturing our house with cat stands and wacky furniture all over the place.
We're so excited to FINALLY be home owners! I'll keep you updated on the move and most likely some decorating before and after pics! Yay!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

YEA for being homeowners! How exciting for you guys!!!

Michelle said...

Oh I am so happy for you! I want to come roll in that lush grass, it looks wonderful!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! That's so weird that you just bought a house...we are in the process of closing on a house right now. And the parallels continue...

Your best friend, Ashley said...

that is so great! that yard really is great.

let us know when you are moving and we'll be there to help out!

See Mack Snow said...

Yaaaayyyyy you have a house! Congrats!