Apparently EVERYONE in the state of Utah heard about $2 Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point during the month of August. I met up with all 4 of Shafer's sisters last Tuesday to try to go to the Dinosaur museum and this is what we saw:The line went around the side of the building and out of sight. The kids were having a fun time running around and jumping on the rocks, but we decided we didn't want to fight the crowds in the museum.
We went over to the information booth and decided instead to take the kids through the gardens since the admission price is usually quite a bit more.
So we hopped back in our cars and drove over to the gardens. We had all been planning on a day indoors with air conditioning, so we weren't prepared for a day out in the heat, and it was HOT!
Here's the view right as you walk out to the gardens. You can see all 23 kids scattering and rolling down the hill:
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
$2 Tuesday
Here are my boys relaxing in the Greek garden:
Here's everyone dipping their feet in a fountain. Big Boy decided to jump all the way in. It really helped cool us all off, so it was worth it even though we were told to get out by an employee a few minutes later.
After that we rushed over to the children's gardens where there is a fountain they are allowed to play in and they all jumped right in.
So, if you're planning on taking advantage of $2 Tuesdays this month either plan on getting there super early so you can beat the crowds, or plan for a nice day outside and head over to the gardens. They really are beautiful and the kids loved the water at the end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't even know anyone was taking pictures. I was so hot that day I was delirious. I have Max's shorts! Tell me they are yours and that I did not steal someone else's fatigues.
I'm glad you have them, I thought they were lost in the throngs!
Post a Comment