Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lovin' Yellowstone

We spent two days in Yellowstone seeing the sights. The first day we were there was the day President Obama was in the park. He was at Old Faithful, so we went the other route to avoid the crowds. We did see his helicopter though, so that was cool.


Here we are at our first stop in the park. The boys still weren't sure exactly what we were doing there. Shafer and I at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. This is Shafer's favorite spot in the whole park. He would sit and look with his binoculars all day if he had the chance!This is us near Old Faithful with a small geyser going off in the background. I mostly posted this picture because it make me laugh, it looks like steam is coming out of my head!
Me and Big Boy with Old Faithful in the background.
Monkey loved every second of time he had out of his stroller, he was pointing out signs and running, it was adorable! Cheeks would point to a sign and say, 'It says don touch da waduh.'
Shafer had a little steam trouble at some of the hot pots!
I have always loved Yellowstone, so it was fun to bring my kids there and watch them see geysers and mud pots for the first time. I'd really love to take another trip there in a few years when the boys could handle more time in the car and maybe some hikes.

1 comments:

Abby said...

That steam is classic (In both pictures).