Our to-do list since moving into our house has been HUGE! So, to actually finish a project feels really good! We've had this little 2 square box shelf thing since we got married. Here's a picture of it in our Provo apartment (on the right holding a bunch of junk):And, here it is in our Nebraska bedroom (on the left again holding a bunch of junk):
We've yet to unpack any of our books since we moved in because we can't decide where to put the book shelves. It's been almost 3 months and I haven't had to search through the book boxes yet, does that tell you anything?
Shafer was in a major get-rid-of-everything mode and tried to give away my 2 box shelf thingy. I, however, had plans for it! A few months ago Glidden was giving away a quart of paint free to anyone who went to their website and gave them their address. I picked citrus orange and as soon as it came in the mail I started painting. It took probably 3 coats and that's with a primer. That wood really soaked up the paint! It could have used another coat but I was done!
Then I found some cute grey paper with lime green accents and mod podged it onto the back. Here's the finished product:
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I made something!!
And here's what it looks like in the boys room with books in place (Big Boy arranged the top):
I'm thinking about putting legs or casters on the bottom and maybe a cushion on top and making a bench, but we'll see.
Yay for finishing projects! Now I just need to paint the boy's room, get new bedding for their beds, get curtains, etc.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow Lindsey! That looks awesome. I loved seeing a picture of your Provo apartment. It brought back so many memories of visiting teaching. I loved seeing all your pictures on that ledge and your crib right there in the living room. I also remember you painting those cute houses...and when you did such a great job doing the kitchen floor.
Yay Linds! It looks great...and totally orange (not pink at all :). It does feel good to get a project done...but I relate to the never ending list feeling!
Your Provo apartment brings back a lot of memories for me too!
The best thing ever is making something yourself.
It is very cute. I think you should make it into a bench, that would be very cute.
Good job.
Your Provo apartment brings back a lot of memories for me too! ;)
I love to see "before and after" projects. It always inpires me to do something. I also got a free can of paint, but chose boring old black. I painted a shelf for my dining room. I'd love to see pictures of your boys' room when it's finished!
Look at you, crafty girl. Watch out, Martha... :)
Post a Comment