We had a friendly squirrel living near our Island Park cabin. The boys loved leaving nuts out and watching him eat. 
The second night in the cabin my cousin, Robert, came running inside yelling 'Moose!' We all crowded onto the deck and sure enough, there was a Mom and a baby moose chomping on bushes about 25 feet from our cabin. We saw the same couple a few nights later in a different area.

It's not a trip to Yellowstone without some buffalo sightings. We saw several, but this was the best picture.

Although not a surprise for me, the smell of Yellowstone was an unpleasant surprise for Big Boy!
It's hard to see in the picture, but that is snow on Cheeks' jacket. Our first day in the park the weather couldn't decide what it wanted. One minute I'm zipping up everyone's jackets while it's snowing and another minute we're pealing off jackets because it's blazing hot!
2 comments:
What a fun trip. I am glad that you had so much fun in idaho/yellowstone. We had so much fun there too! I can't believe it is snowing there already. The steam off your head picture is funny. I can't believe that you got that close to a moose and baby. That is pretty cool!
I see not much has changed with the bison and that SMELL.
Post a Comment