Friday, April 9, 2010

Conference Weekend

Last weekend with members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints across the world we tried to entice our children to watch and listen to the messages of our wonderful leaders. We had some good moments and some not so good moments. The messages (or parts thereof) that I heard were amazing. I can't wait to get the Ensign next month so I can read all the messages (after the kids go to bed, with no distractions!).
Here you can catch a glimpse of what the 4 sessions were like at our house (yes, that is Cheeks trying to do a handstand on the couch):

Just before the sessions started I made up a little worksheet to keep them busy. I printed a picture of the First Presidency I found online, then drew a few pictures that they could easily recognize; a heart for love, a missionary badge, a temple, the Book of Mormon, Jesus, etc. They were to circle each picture they heard a speaker talking about. They also needed to circle each member of the First Presidency they saw and if they saw anyone wearing a tie in the colors shown. It worked really well for Big Boy, he enjoyed watching and listening for the topics...for about 20 minutes. I have seen some really cute already made ones online, but I was trying to make mine more to my boys' level. I'd do it again, only maybe I'll try making it the week before, instead of the second before!
We had a first birthday party to go to for our little nephew during the priesthood session. Shafer's sister, Lindsey, always knows how to throw a great party; the food was amazing, the house was beautiful, and we had a great time chatting!
The birthday boy was given his own cake to eat and Monkey wasted no time in helping him do it:
Lindsey even made some gluten free cupcakes for me and Big Boy, how thoughtful (seriously I almost cried when she told me she was making them, it's so nice to go to a party and not have to bring a cooler full of GF treats!)!!!
Cheeks enjoyed many a cupcake!!We had a great conference weekend and I feel spiritually well fed. Since it was also Easter weekend there will be another post to come, so stay tuned!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww, thanks for posting this! That was fun to have everyone over. My kids sure do love to have more boys around! Love you guys!