Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Saturday projects

Saturday was a project day at our house. We started with yard work and an oil change for the car. Then, I decided to paint our front door black.
Here is a before shot: (It was also before we moved in, so enjoy the beautiful grass and flower beds, it will be a while before they look this nice again:)

While I was painting and while it was drying the door was open all day (which meant the kids were in and out all day which is good and BAD):
Here's an after shot: What do you think? Better, worse, same? Shafer and I have been debating about how to paint the door. Do you just do the door, like it is? Or do you paint the window thing next to it? If so do you paint the trim around the window, etc? For now we're leaving it as is, but I can't decide if we should do more or not, lemmeno!!
While we were working on various projects the boys had projects of their own. Monkey decided to spill the can of black paint all over our wood floor in the kitchen so we had to take a break from painting to quickly clean up the mess before we had to paint the rest of the floor to match!
Meanwhile Cheeks was in the backyard chucking BIG rocks into the window well. It was a miracle the window didn't break! He did manage to make a hole in the screen with one of his dozen rocks!
Big Boy was inside cleaning his room while all this happened. He saw us doing projects and decided he wanted to do some Spring cleaning too. What's that Sesame Street song? One of these boys is not like the others....

Lastly I thought I'd show you another before and after. Here are some beautiful flowers in our front yard. I'm glad I decided to take a picture...
Here they are after I was forced to put them in vases when the boys decided to tromp through the flower beds with no regard to what they trampled: I couldn't bear to throw them away, they were still pretty. Nothing like a forced bouquet!!
I'll show you the next project we started Saturday once it's done, hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Abby said...

That door dilema does pose a problem doesn't it. I didn't even notice the little other white part till you pointed it out. I guess you could paint that black as well as the white part above the window and then just a skinny strip down the sides to connect it. I have my brain cramped already from figuring out how to strip wallpaper in my bathroom. So I can't worry about this, I've got a cock fight to win!

Lindsey said...

Wow! What a difference that door makes! I love it black! I, too, was trying to find the window thing next to the door you were talking about. So I guess that answers your question- if you want it to be noticed, paint it, if not, don't! Your yard looks so great! I, too am constantly yanking the boys inside for trampling my flower beds and bushes. Sooooo discouraging! And BLACK paint spilled on the floor??? Yowsa's! How did you get THAT cleaned up????? Either way, it all looks great and boys are peachies!

See Mack Snow said...

Better black.