Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning was, of course, very exciting. Here's what our living room looked like around midnight the night before:

I ended up getting most of the big stuff over the summer at garage sales or on the KSL classified website. So, I didn't have tons of shopping to do during the holidays, which was nice! Big Boy woke up first and came straight to our room like we told him. Then we told him to grab something out of his room and the next thing we hear is him yelling, 'Wow a train, choo choo!' What the?! He just couldn't resist taking a peek once he was out of our site! Oh, well, it was still fun to watch Cheeks and Monkey see everything for the first time!
Cheeks' face shows how happy he was with it all!
Monkey woke up about a half an hour after the other boys, so walked right in to the unwrapping mayhem! Here he is wearing the cutest superhero cape from my parents:
And here you see the biggest hit of the day: Coaster Cars!
These were the big last-minute addition to the haul. We found out about a spectacular deal on these through Shafer's sister and we couldn't resist, even though we really didn't need anything else. They are really cute though and lots of fun for the boys who ride them constantly in our unfinished basement.
We also got a rip stick for Shafer because he said he 'needs something to do down there while watching the boys.' Those were his words, I wonder what I can talk him into buying by saying the same thing? Hmmm, I'll have to think about that!! :)
Shafer has gotten really good at it. I on the other hand have not had too much success. The above picture is probably my best run. I think I'm just too old and falling scares me too much!
After opening presents we had muffins and their 'Christmas cereal' (read: sugar cereal). Then my parents came over to see the loot. It was fun to have them there to see the chaos!
In the evening we drove up to Heber and had dinner with Shafer's sister and her family. It was a really nice, laid-back day. I love just spending time with my family, they're my favorite people!!

4 comments:

Meedy said...

Those look like fun cars! What a fun Christmas! And good job at getting stuff earlier...that is the way to go!

Abby said...

K- I don't know where I've been cause I've missed like a gazzillion of your posts. Oh yeah, the holidays! Anyhoo I just got caught up and enjoyed experiencing the holiday's through your eyes. You really put your heart and soul into that Thanksgiving and we noticed and appreciated it. And what a pretty Christmas spread. Yeah, like LG said, you're holding out on us that you can paint! What the??? You can paint!

Melissa said...

I had to laugh at the similarities in our Christmas Eve nights. When you guys decide to finish your basement, you better leave part of it unfinished! It's like having an a gym in your house!

Rachelle said...

you know those coaster cars are super fun for adults too! Glad you had a great holiday.