Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Noah's Ark FHE

Since the Old Testament is what the kids will be learning about in Primary this year I thought we could do some lessons on it for FHE throughout the year. Some of the funnest scripture stories for kids come from it after all!

Last night we focused on Noah's Ark. We started by showing some pictures of Noah from the Gospel Art Kit and telling the story. I brought out a laundry basket full of stuffed animals and other animal toys we had around the house. When we got to the part where Noah gathers the animals I dumped the basket and told the kids to gather the animals into the ark (basket). They had fun running and picking them up as fast as they could.

Then I put some blue blankets on the ground to represent the flood and told the boys to jump in the ark. (Apparently one of the lizards didn't make it!) They sat in the ark as I told the rest of the story.
We also have a Little People Noah's Ark set, so I pulled that out at the end and let them play with it for a while. For a treat I was going to make banana splits and call them banana boats. I was thinking you could also do animal crackers or rainbow Jell-o. But, Shafer suggested we go out to get a treat, (a rare occurance for my thrifty hubby:)) so we hopped in the car and headed to McDonalds for sundaes. It worked out perfect because our McDonald's playland is a jungle animal theme!

3 comments:

Meedy said...

fun! We will have to try that one next week!

Rachelle said...

so fun! I love your FHE ideas.

Kara and Todd said...

You alway have the funnest FHE ideas! Heck, your creative all around! ;)