Shafer had 10 whole days off during the holidays and it was SO nice to have him around so much! With all that time off and three kids who sleep through the night we thought it was a perfect time to take a little trip, just the two of us. We started out on a grand scale thinking of where we could fly, but with Christmas it just wasn't the time to blow a bunch of cash. So, we decided on an overnighter in Salt Lake.
My wonderful Mom agreed to watch our boys, and they had TONS of fun getting spoiled by my parents!
I've never stayed at a hotel in downtown because I live within driving distance, but it was really fun to be right in the middle of things.
We ended up staying at the downtown Marriott. Here's us in the lobby:
I didn't take pictures the rest of the trip, so you'll have to make due with these. After checking in we headed over to the Gateway to catch a movie. We thought we'd take Trax, but we had just missed it. So, we decided to walk. It was FREEZING! I literally could not feel my toes by the time we got there! We barely made it in to our movie. We saw Avatar and it was almost sold out by the time we bought tickets. We were in the front row. So, aside from the 3D glasses digging into my nose, my neck was aching by the time the 3 hour movie was over! It was an entertaining movie, but I didn't think it was worth $500,000,000!

After the movie we went to Z'Tejas for dinner. It was soooo yummy! We were totally feeling like rock stars out on the town without kids. Then we ran into Shafer's good friend and his wife who were also eating there. They were celebrating their anniversary and had just got back from snowboarding. Okay, so we're not really rock stars, we're boring! To us, a night on the town seeing movies and going out to eat is about the best thing ever! We're just not that adventurous, maybe that should be a New Years resolution for us! Anyhoo, after that we spent a while browsing shops. I could have stayed forever looking at every single item in Anthropology, it was heaven being able to even go in there without kids! Now I just need a truckload of cash so I can buy something from there!

The next morning we got up and did a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was so nice and peaceful, we don't get out to the temple enough! After that we finished of our date with lunch at the Blue Iguana. Again, super YUMMY! It was such a nice date and I really came home feeling rejuvenated and ready to get back into the daily grind. We both commented that neither of us had yelled during that 24 hours. Apparently it's possible when our kids aren't around! Who knew?
5 comments:
You're so funny! And hey, Dan and I feel pretty cool just going to dinner and a movie too! Glad you two had fun!
That does sound like a very good time! Glad you could get away for a little bit.
That sounds really fun! And I love your tights.
Great that you had such a wonderful break. Don`t forget you have us also for the next break. Love Mommy and Pops
You are a rock star in your pink tights. Ever since you told me about them I've had it fixed in my mind that I MUST get some for V-day: it's even on a Sunday. I'm gonna KNOCK-EM-OUT!
Post a Comment