Shafer and I went on a little dinner date Friday night. It was kind of last minute, so we didn't really have a set plan. We ended up at Chili's to eat, but when we went inside the wait was over 30 minutes. That may not seem like too long, but when you're paying a babysitter 30 minutes is like $3! So, we left and walked over to the Joe's Crab Shack nearby.
Now, I've eaten at Joe's before and enjoyed it. However, I had never been there on a busy Friday night, and I don't think I ever will again. Before you jump to conclusions, the food was great and our waitress was fine. It was more the atmosphere that left an impression. It was like walking right into the real-life definition of a hokey restaurant! While we waited to be seated the blaring music suddenly turned into the Macarena, the disco ball started spinning, the strobe light started flashing, and all the employees formed a big circle around the dining room and started dancing. And they danced the WHOLE song! It may not seem like a long song, but in a situation like this where your cringing watching people awkwardly dance, it's a LONG song!
They seated us just as the song was ending and we walked through the circle to get to our booth. We were thinking, great they probably sing every hour so as long as we eat and leave in an hour we won't have to sit through it again. WRONG! I swear they were dancing every 20 minutes!
After the second spectacle we sat and discussed how hokey the restaurant was, the crazy lighting, loud music, wacky decor, the guy going around making balloon animals for everyone, etc. And, what do you know? The next song that came on? That's right, The Hokey Pokey!
So, now you know, if you want to eat at Joe's, don't go there for datenight, go there with a pack of wild kids; like the ones we sat next to!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
That's what it's all about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my I'm laughing my head off!!!! Sorry, I know it probably wasn't the best experience for you, but oh geez. That's a good time right there. I'm jealous.....never been to Joe's and I want to. Glad you were able to spend time with Shafer though.
That's so funny! At least you know a good place to take the whole family out to dinner now...
Post a Comment