Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School

We've got year round school in our parts, so we already had our first day of school a few weeks ago. Big Boy is now a First Grader!!! He was so excited to go back to school and especially to be able to eat lunch at school. The lunch ladies have been so great about the gluten free lunch business. He just chooses what days he wants to eat at school and brings a home lunch on the others.

The first day seemed so long, it's weird to have him away for just 2 hours shorter than what Shafer's gone! He has mostly loved it, but I think the long hours of sitting at a desk and writing and reading are already starting to get to him. It's a big change from Kindergarten! That's the nice part about year round, in a couple weeks he'll be off track again! Look at that toothless grin!

A week after Big Boy started, Cheeks had his first day of Preschool. I've got to say it's very strange to have 2 in school. The house seems so quiet during those few hours a week when they're both gone. Monkey enjoys having the house to himself mostly. I can usually get Baby S to take a nap, so it's a nice time for Mama too!!

Look at this handsome kid!!!!

Here he is with his class and his teacher after the first day. He loves it and asks me every day if it's preschool day. I was worried he'd be a little sad about leaving me because he can be a really tender guy sometimes. But, as soon as his teacher came out and said they could come in, he turned and ran into the class without a backwards glance. I was hoping to at least say goodbye to him, but I'd rather have him excited than sad!!

So now we're in full school-time swing at our house. Homework after school before they can play, waking up early to get ready, packing lunches, etc. These boys of mine are sure growing up fast!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Oh man does this post bring back memories of seeing Shafer start full day in First Grade. He hated it! I would see his class walking through the halls and find Shafer. There he'd be with big crocodile tears running down his cheeks. I thought my heart would ache right out of my chest. I don't recall doing anything to help the situation, but I ached! This is CRAZY to me that he has a son starting full day.

Lindsey said...

Charlie looks so gron-up in that picture! Whoa! When did that happen? I just saw him! What a handsome face! Look at little Harrison so cute and happy. How nice to get a little breather in the day finally. Sometimes I can't even enjoy it because I'm trying to enjoy it so much. They all look so cute posing in front of your door with the flowers!