Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 4

This post will be a picture dump, so I apologize in advance! Our first day in Yellowstone we decided to start with Old Faithful. Here's Baby S and I watching it go:

I realized I didn't get a picture of it actually going off because this picture of all the cousins watching it was much more entertaining to me:


Shortly after Old Faithful went off we had a sudden thunderstorm hit. Luckily I had thrown an umbrella in the stroller and we all took cover in the nearby woods. It was great fun!

The poor girls from Phoenix were freezing the whole time.

We thought we'd get a cute family picture. But, Baby S was sleeping so we got the stroller and Cheeks really needed to go to the bathroom. I'm not sure this one will make it on the wall.

On our way back to the lodge this buffalo was just hanging out right by the trail. Big Boy thought it was pretty awesome!

We got some yummy ice cream and went out on the viewing deck to watch Old Faithful go again.




Those are some happy ice cream smiles!


Meanwhile Baby S woke up and was enjoying some brotherly attention:

After we headed to Midway Geyser Basin and enjoyed some steamy hot pots with Grandpa:

Here the oldest cousin describes the risks of walking off the paths to the younger kids:


I love this shot of the kids playing in the steam from a hot pot:

On our way out of the park we drove through the fire hole canyon road to see if we wanted to swim there the next day. I was glad we checked it out because the river was so high they weren't allowing swimming. It was a lovely drive anyway! We had a lot of fun our first day in the park. More to come...

1 comments:

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

YEAH!! We wanted to swim at Firehole too! We were sad. I've never swam there, but we were going to try it for the first time. Dang your trip looks like it was a TON of fun! :)