Saturday, August 20, 2011

We're so blessed with Baby S!

I'm going to pretend that this fabulous picture was taken on Baby S's blessing day. He's actually wearing the same outfit, so it can count, right?! *crickets chirping* Anyway, unfortunately I did not get a good family shot on the actual blessing day. This one was taken by my super talented sister-in-law, Ashley, on the 4th of July.

He was blessed the first Sunday this month. I was paranoid all day that he would just scream through the whole thing. So, in an effort to make sure he was well-rested, I decided to stay home with him for the first 2 meetings and just come for sacrament meeting (it's last in our ward). This plan backfired big time. Instead of taking a nice long nap, he was wide awake the whole time, and just starting to act tired and fussy as I buckled him into his car seat to head to the church :(

I convinced Shafer that he didn't need to hold baby the traditional way on his back. So, instead we popped that binky in, wrapped him up, and Shafer held him upright. He looked so cute bobbing up and down. Apparently he was staring at my Dad the whole time, (which incidentally he is doing in the picture below as well!) These are the only pictures I got of him in his cute tie shirt!

We were lucky that he was so quiet! I tell you it was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father that he started taking a binky only a few weeks ago. It's not so much fun to listen to a baby screaming into the microphone! (I would know, Cheeks!)

After church we had all our family over for dinner and socializing, it was great fun! Unfortunately before I remembered to take out the camera Baby S had messed up his cute shirt, so here's baby with Daddy:

And here we are together, minus those other 3 boys that were running amok with cousins somewhere else!

It was a lovely day and we're so grateful to all our wonderful family who made it so special!

3 comments:

Meedy said...

Love the Tie shirt! Your family is so cute! Love all those boys. To answer your question, yes, we had scones at Sill's. We decided that we could go back just for those! They were so yummy!

Anonymous said...

lindsey it's always fun to read about
your cute family. we love you all so much. mommy and daddy

Lindsey said...

Hooray for baby Sam! What a neat day, ALL of your boys are so darling, such a cute family!