Our second day in Island Park was Sunday so we headed to church. It was probably one of the worst church experiences with Baby S. I spent the entire time in the mother's room. At least I was able to hear the talks because it was a general conference-worthy meeting.
After church we finally had our celebration for Mom's 60th birthday. It ended up being good that we had to postpone it because our whole family got to be there for it. The theme for the event was Mom's favorite things. My Dad wrote new words to 'My Favorite Things' from Sound of Music. He had my cousin Robert (who is an excellent guitar player and singer) start singing with the original words, then interrupted him and asked if we could join in. I wish I had the video of it, because it was really fun. Although, my Mom started crying part-way through and I had to look away from her so I wouldn't cry too! You see where I get my crying gene from!!!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Day 2
After the song the gift-opening commenced. We gave Mom 60 of her favorite things. Each gift included a short explanation or story that went with the item. Here are the kids ready to help if needed:
Here's Todd giving a hilarious explanation to one of his gifts:
We always play the license plate game when we go to Yellowstone, so Dad got my Mom the hardest ones to find (Hawaii, Delaware, West Virginia, etc.).
Here's the family after the gifts were all opened:
I hope Mom enjoyed her celebration because we sure had fun planning for it. My Mom is such an amazing woman. She's a great example of kindness, service, love, and hard work. She provided us with a home where we were taken care of, where we felt loved, and where we had fun together. I love my Mom and I only hope that someday I can be a wonderful mother like she is!! Happy Birthday Mom!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment