Don't worry, this is the last day of the trip! ;) We started out at Canyon to see the waterfall. This was probably the most terrifying part of the trip. We usually just look at the waterfall from far away at the lookout, but we decided to take the hike down to stand right at the top of it. I think I might wait to go again until they've upgraded the fences a bit!! It was a little terrifying to be holding a baby and watching my kids hang onto those old rusty chain link fences! Not a great place to bring 10 kids I think! It was beautiful and breathtaking and all that, and if it were just Shafer and I we could have spent a long time there, but with all those kids and my arms in a kung fu grip on baby we didn't spend long there, plus it was super windy!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Day 6
After that we headed to our usual look out spot. Here's the kids in their cute Yellowstone t-shirts:
Next on the list was Lake. It is one of the most beautiful lakes I've seen, I love it!!
Look at those cute boys!!!
When we finally made it to West Thumb it was getting a little chilly. Plus, at dusk the mosquitoes were out in droves, so we all put on our jackets. I've never seen the lake so full, the water was actually coming under the boardwalks!
This is usually one of our favorite spots, but you can't even see the cone because the water is covering it!
Here the kids are all battling with the mosquitoes trying to get as many as they can:
The steam is always one of our favorite things. Too bad we had to take the trail at top speed to avoid becoming a feast for the bugs!!
Right before we jumped in cars and headed back. We didn't get back to the cabins until really late, but it was a fun day!
One last shot in front of our cabin for the week taken by my cute niece, Miss H!
This was such a great reunion and vacation. We had the funnest time seeing the sites and hanging out with family. On our drive home we were even able to stop in Idaho Falls and have lunch with my Aunt and cousins. I love family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment